RFR 8183938: [MVT] Add test for mock vector API

Maurizio Cimadamore maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com
Thu Jul 6 14:08:29 UTC 2017

-Xcomp doesn't work - I get this:

org.testng.TestNGException:
An error occurred while instantiating class VectorTest: Long2$Value not
a value type
     at
org.testng.internal.ClassHelper.createInstance1(ClassHelper.java:393)
     at org.testng.internal.ClassHelper.createInstance(ClassHelper.java:295)
     at org.testng.internal.ClassImpl.getDefaultInstance(ClassImpl.java:117)
     at org.testng.internal.ClassImpl.getInstances(ClassImpl.java:183)
     at
org.testng.internal.TestNGClassFinder.<init>(TestNGClassFinder.java:128)
     at org.testng.TestRunner.initMethods(TestRunner.java:415)
     at org.testng.TestRunner.init(TestRunner.java:241)
     at org.testng.TestRunner.init(TestRunner.java:211)
     at org.testng.TestRunner.<init>(TestRunner.java:158)
     at
org.testng.SuiteRunner$DefaultTestRunnerFactory.newTestRunner(SuiteRunner.java:545)
     at org.testng.SuiteRunner.init(SuiteRunner.java:159)
     at org.testng.SuiteRunner.<init>(SuiteRunner.java:114)
     at org.testng.TestNG.createSuiteRunner(TestNG.java:1260)
     at org.testng.TestNG.createSuiteRunners(TestNG.java:1247)
     at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:1101)
     at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:1018)
     at
com.sun.javatest.regtest.agent.TestNGRunner.main(TestNGRunner.java:94)
     at
com.sun.javatest.regtest.agent.TestNGRunner.main(TestNGRunner.java:54)
     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:563)
     at
com.sun.javatest.regtest.agent.MainWrapper$MainThread.run(MainWrapper.java:115)
Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: Long2$Value not a value type
     at java.base/java.lang.System$2.loadValueTypeClass(System.java:2174)
     at
java.base/valhalla.shady.MinimalValueTypes_1_0.loadValueTypeClass(MinimalValueTypes_1_0.java:114)
     at
java.base/valhalla.shady.MinimalValueTypes_1_0.getValueTypeClass(MinimalValueTypes_1_0.java:107)
     at
java.base/jdk.experimental.value.ValueType.forClass(ValueType.java:158)
     at VectorTest.<clinit>(VectorTest.java:18)
     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
Method)
     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
     at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
     at
java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:487)
     at
org.testng.internal.ObjectFactoryImpl.newInstance(ObjectFactoryImpl.java:29)
     at
org.testng.internal.ClassHelper.createInstance1(ClassHelper.java:382)
     ... 23 more

Without -Xcomp, or with -Xint everything works.

Any clues?

Maurizio