Crash with "assert(number_of_codes <= 256) failed: too many bytecodes"

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Sat Jul 29 04:48:57 UTC 2017

On Jul 28, 2017, at 4:22 PM, Maurizio Cimadamore <maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com> wrote:

> That said, if the 'norm' for HS is to run tests in fastdebug mode (or do you need full debug to enable these?), then I should just have done that, of course.

Yes, but it's also a norm to use the "guarantee" macro tastefully,
so the release JVM will check itself when such checks are really
cheap.  This check is in particular is appropriate to STATIC_ASSERT
(i.e., can be evaluated at compile time), so there's no reason to
push it off into a fastdebug build.