ValueType.findConstructor

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Tue Jun 27 23:30:30 UTC 2017

> On 26 Jun 2017, at 16:24, Maurizio Cimadamore <maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Looks good - I noted you have removed the caching - that's probably ok since unbox is cached anyway, but dunno if filterReturnValue is costly (does that go through lambda form editor?) -  and whether it would make sense to cache that too.

I did some checking. It looks ok, the filterReturnValue does go through the editor, and two method handles such as say:

MethodHandle mh1 = VT_Interval.findConstructor(MethodHandles.lookup(),
                                              MethodType.methodType(void.class, int.class, int.class));

MethodHandle mh2 = VT_Interval.findConstructor(MethodHandles.lookup(),
                                              MethodType.methodType(void.class, int.class, int.class));

will share the same lambda form even though the MH instances are different.

Paul.