[MVT] hotspot crash

Tobias Hartmann tobias.hartmann at oracle.com
Wed Sep 20 11:17:16 UTC 2017

Hi Remi,

On 20.09.2017 10:42, forax at univ-mlv.fr wrote:
> I've just renamed all occurrences of ValueCapableClass in the jar,
> here is the new one:
>    http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~forax/tmp/mvt/test-valuetypified-patched.jar

Okay, the patched test still crashes the VM for the same reason: we are unable to load
"fr/umlv/valuetypify/test/InternalTest$Int$Value".

With -XX:-ValueTypePassFieldsAsArgs we fail with:
   Error: Unable to initialize main class fr.umlv.valuetypify.test.InternalTest
   Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: ValueCapableClass class
'fr.umlv.valuetypify.test.InternalTest$Int' is not a final class

Here's my fix for the crash including a regression test:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~thartmann/8187679/webrev.00/

With the fix, we fail with IncompatibleClassChangeError in both cases.

Thanks,
Tobias