Review Request: JDK-8186874: [MVT] Method name generated by ValueType is illegal

Lois Foltan lois.foltan at oracle.com
Wed Sep 20 13:13:40 UTC 2017

On 9/19/2017 7:26 PM, mandy chung wrote:
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/valhalla/webrevs/8186874/webrev.00/
>
> This patch fixes the bytecode generation with a legal method name.  I
> test with the runtime/valuetypes and compiler/valuetypes tests with
> -noverify flag removed except ValueOops.java and VboxUnbox.java tests.
> ValueOops.java and VboxUnbox.java tests fail with a different error
> when verifier is enabled.  I'll look into JDK-8187696 separately.

Thanks Mandy, I can look at these.  I know the VerifyError for
VboxUnbox.java is expected due to the test's testIncorrectBoxing()
method which tries to use the vunbox bytecode with an illegal type. I
added valhalla/valuetypes/verifier/VunboxErrorIndex.java to cover
testing for this issue when -verify is specified.  I will double check
with your fix to make sure.
Lois