[lworld] RFR(M): Multiple compiler fixes and refactoring

Tobias Hartmann tobias.hartmann at oracle.com
Tue Jun 26 12:16:56 UTC 2018

Hi Roland,

Thanks for looking at this.

On 22.06.2018 10:17, Roland Westrelin wrote:
> callGenerator.cpp line 921. Shouldn't we know statically if arg is null
> (a null litteral) because we filter nulls early?

What do you mean by "filter nulls early"? The check at method entry? In this case we don't have a
null check at method entry because we are compiling a lambda form and the arg type is
java.lang.Object. We then need to emit a null check when inlining the linkTo call and casting the
arg to a value type.

> Same question for
> parse1.cpp line 617.

This is the null check for value type arguments at method entry.

Thanks,
Tobias