hg: valhalla/valhalla: [lworld] Withdraw support for the __Flattenable and __NotFlattened field modifiers.

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Wed Jun 27 02:11:37 UTC 2018

FTR, I'm fine with this too for LW1.

I think the highest priority for LW1 is to guide some users into
a smooth and simple user experience, and see whether it
really works.

For this to work gaps in functionality are tolerable (statics,
constructors?).

Excess (half-baked) functionality should be factored
under a flag so users won't "bump into it" without knowing
they are moving out of the central experience we want
to test.  That includes integration with generics and
nullability control, also those extra modifiers.

If we can get constructors working we can put __WithField
and __DefaultValue under experimental flags also.

— John