[lworld] Initial C1 support for value types

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Mon Nov 19 04:01:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

Here's a webrev for initial C1 support. Most of the work is done by
Fred. I added support for aaload/aastore.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/valhalla/c1-initial-checkin.v01/

C1 is disabled by default. To enable it, specify -XX:+EnableValhallaC1.
When this flag is specified, C2 is disabled.

To run the regression tests, use this:

    cd test/hotspot/jtreg/compiler/valhalla/valuetypes
    jtreg -Dtest.c1=true TestBasicFunctionality.java

Currently only tests derived from ValueTypeTest are supported this way.
Other tests won't work, especially if they try to parse C2 output.

TestBasicFunctionality can run a bunch of test cases but will fail at
test27().

My plan is to work on acmp, and then gradually make all the test cases
pass with TestBasicFunctionality.

Thanks

- Ioi