RFR: 8215473: [lworld] Support for substitutability checks in C2

Tobias Hartmann tobias.hartmann at oracle.com
Fri Jan 25 08:49:18 UTC 2019

Hi Roland,

Looking at the changes in sharedRuntime.cpp, wouldn't you also need those in
SharedRuntime::resolve_opt_virtual_call_C()?

I would prefer moving this code into SharedRuntime::resolve_sub_helper() and guard it by the
is_virtual/is_optimized arguments. There you already lookup caller_frame/caller_cb/...

Otherwise it looks good to me. Some comments in Parse::do_acmp would be nice but we can refactor
that later (this acmp stuff will probably evolve further anyway).

Thanks,
Tobias