Flat Array null check issue - Re: RFR(L) Valhalla support for AArch64 v.05

Roland Westrelin rwestrel at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 11:49:59 UTC 2019

> I updated aarch64 code to follow x86 implementation (I'll publish
> updated webrev shortly) so the immediate problem of falling test is solved.

Great!

> But I have more general question:
>
> Masking and storage property check is implemented three times - in
> interpreter, in C1 and in C2. Therefore, if we can re-use the code from
> macroAssembler_xxx.cpp in C1 and C2 it will simplify further maintenance.

Sharing code between c1 and the interpreter definitely makes sense if
possible. I think we would rather implement the check as platform
independent IR in C2 which should lead to better generated code. That
makes sharing with C2 impossible.

Anyway, I'm sure we would welcome a patch that implements shared storage
property checks for c1 and the interpreter on x86 if you feel like
tackling it.

Roland.