RFR(S): 8234108: [lworld] Call site reresolution fails for ValueBootstrapMethods::isSubstitutable0 callee

Tobias Hartmann tobias.hartmann at oracle.com
Thu Nov 14 15:26:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

please review the following patch:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~thartmann/8234108/webrev.00/

The C2 acmp implementation emits a runtime call to ValueBootstrapMethods::isSubstitutable0. If that
method got compiled but becomes non-entrant, we patch the entry to call
SharedRuntime::get_handle_wrong_method_stub(). The re-resolution code then looks at the current
bytecode of the caller and expects it to be an invoke. Roland already fixed that for static call
resolution [1], we should do the same for re-resolution. I've moved the check into
SharedRuntime::find_callee_info_helper which is used for both resolution and re-resolution.

Thanks,
Tobias

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/valhalla/rev/1d216028b57b#l8.7