RFR(S): JDK-8211026 jdb should not allow to assign null to value type

Frederic Parain frederic.parain at oracle.com
Wed Oct 16 15:02:31 UTC 2019

Mandy,

Thank you for the review.

So far, the goals of this exercise are:
  1 - to provide a Java debugger that works with inlines
  2 - to explore which areas of the JPDA will be impacted by inline types

I’m not considering any serious update to the JPDA specs (JDI/JDWP/JVMTI)
until the JLS and JVMLS updates for inline types have been almost finalized.
There’re too many dependencies and interactions between all these specs to
try to keep them in synch while the user model and the JVMS are still evolving.

Regards,

Fred