RFR 8231146: Heap object size

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at oracle.com
Fri Sep 20 13:03:36 UTC 2019

Hi Aleksey,

I'll have to try it, but I don't expect it to be able to understand the
embedding
in objects or arrays without an update.

This is for exploratory work on using inline classes and algorthms.

JOL is not in an API in java.base that can be used to dynamically adjust
data structures based on actual embedding.

I expect any long term APIs to be different and more detailed.

Thanks, Roger