[lworld] RFR: 8244414: [lworld] Migrate Valhalla micro benchmarks suite to not use V? syntax

Srikanth Adayapalam sadayapalam at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 6 13:37:55 UTC 2020

Description of changes:

Hi Maruizio,

    Could you please review these assorted changes that block the build of Valhalla micro
benchmarks ? This is a culumative fix for JDK-8244414 and JDK-8244458

    You could skip a review of the benchmark source files themselves - these have only mechanical changes from V? to V.ref
    except for one case where there was a usage of Node?<K,V> with Node actually being an identity class. We don't support
    the transformed Node.ref<K,V> for identity classes, so I had to drop the '?'

Problems fixed:

    (i) Resolve.java: Diamond inference did not work for inline type constructors: Basically, the (static factory method
    equivalent) constructors synthesized during diamond inference did not have their reference projection counterparts and
    had to be paired up with them.

    (ii) Types.java: LUB computation in the presence of mixed values and non-values should first apply widening conversion.

    (iii) Enter.java: When we recompile files due to annotation processing rounds, discard
any prior state carried on by the reference projection so as to keep it in sync with its peer.
(A separate test will be added separately - for now building microbenchmarks is the test for this)

Commit messages:
 - Fix trailing white spaces.
 - 8244414: Migrate Valhalla micro benchmarks suite to not use V? syntax

Changes: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/35/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/35/webrev.00
  Stats: 317 lines in 36 files changed: 139 ins; 0 del; 178 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/35.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla pull/35/head:pull/35

PR: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/35