[lworld] RFR: 8255522: [lworld] References to biased pattern remain in markWord::is_unlocked()

Frederic Parain fparain at openjdk.java.net
Mon Nov 2 16:02:13 UTC 2020

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 14:56:20 GMT, David Simms <dsimms at openjdk.org> wrote:

> * more gtest mark word tests
> * assert any use of "biased locking" (there are some existing "has_biased_pattern()" asserts not guarded "UseBiasedLocking")
> * remove biased_lock_mask_in_place from is_unlocked

Guarding around the bias pattern seems good.

I'm wondering if  is_neutral() could benefit from a comment that both the 2 lock bits and the inline type bit are tested in a single operation (unlocked_value is usually used on the two last bits, but in this case, it is used on the last three bits).

There're still a lot of calls to has_bias_pattern() in the zero interpreter, but I'm not sure would should take care of that.

Fred