[lworld] RFR: 8262231: [lworld] C2 compilation fails with assert "user must call transfer_exceptions_into_jvms" [v2]

Tobias Hartmann thartmann at openjdk.java.net
Tue Feb 23 18:02:28 UTC 2021

> When running with `-XX:PerMethodSpecTrapLimit=0 -XX:PerMethodTrapLimit=0`, we hit an assert because the unsafe access intrinsic adds an exception to the `GraphKit` state but then bails out and therefore does not transfer that exception into the `JVMState`. In general, we should only modify the graph once we are sure we won't bail out from intrinsification. I've added an assert that catches this even without any VM flags and fixed all affected intrinsics.
>
> Best regards,
> Tobias

Tobias Hartmann has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Completely removed assert because it triggers bugs in mainline code

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/348/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/valhalla/pull/348/files/2a0facae..bca88c7a

Webrevs: