[lworld] RFR: 8273650: [lworld] Interpreter fails with fatal error: DEBUG MESSAGE: klass not initialized

Tobias Hartmann thartmann at openjdk.java.net
Fri Sep 17 13:35:57 UTC 2021

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:40:38 GMT, Frederic Parain <fparain at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Please review those changes fixing handling of class initialization failures and adding unit tests to cover several failure scenarios and some corner cases (handling of instances from a failed initialization class).
>
> Thank you,
>
> Fred

Test looks good, just noticed some typos. I'll verify that it passes with the JIT before integrating JDK-8273594.

test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/valhalla/inlinetypes/ClassInitializationFailuresTest.java line 32:

> 30: * @summary Test several scenarios of class initialization failures
> 31: * @library /test/lib
> 32: * @run main/othervm  runtime.valhalla.inlinetypes.ClassInitializationFailuresTest

Just noticed that the `/othervm`  part can be removed because no flags are set. Also, the test should use 4-whitespace indentation.

test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/valhalla/inlinetypes/ClassInitializationFailuresTest.java line 61:

> 59:   // because an exception has been thrown during the initialization process
> 60:   // Second attempt to instantiate TestClass1 must fail with a NoClassDefFoundError
> 61:   // because TestClass1 must already be in a faile initialization state (so no new

"faile" -> "failed"

test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/valhalla/inlinetypes/ClassInitializationFailuresTest.java line 153:

> 151:   }
> 152:
> 153:   // Even if a primitive class fails to initialize property, some instances

"property" -> "properly"