[lworld+vector] RFR: 8307715: Integrate VectorMask/Shuffle with value/primitive classes [v2]

Jatin Bhateja jbhateja at openjdk.org
Mon May 22 05:07:18 UTC 2023

On Thu, 18 May 2023 10:31:20 GMT, Jatin Bhateja <jbhateja at openjdk.org> wrote:

>>> There are some failures that are related to the `larval` state check, and deoptimization issue for a multifield, which I think is not related this patch. And I have created a local fix to the multifield deoptimization issue and will push it in future. Besides, did you see any other known failures before? Thanks!

>>> There are some failures that are related to the `larval` state check, and deoptimization issue for a multifield, which I think is not related this patch. And I have created a local fix to the multifield deoptimization issue and will push it in future. Besides, did you see any other known failures before? Thanks!
>>
>> I saw some failures with -XX:TieredStopAtLevel=3 which is C1 compilation, I am not sure if they are related to de-optimization.
>> Attaching relevant hs_err log.
>> [hs_err_pid717512.log](https://github.com/openjdk/valhalla/files/11506800/hs_err_pid717512.log)

>> > Sure, I will run this test. Thanks!
>>
>> There are some failures that are related to the `larval` state check, and deoptimization issue for a multifield, which I think is not related this patch. And I have created a local fix to the multifield deoptimization issue and will push it in future. Besides, did you see any other known failures before? Thanks!
>
> With -XX:-TieredCompilation I see following crash right at the start for the regression run, looks like we need to handle [mask type value during rematerialization.](https://github.com/openjdk/valhalla/blob/lworld%2Bvector/src/hotspot/share/runtime/deoptimization.cpp#L1144)
>
> [hs_err_pid718455.log](https://github.com/openjdk/valhalla/files/11506850/hs_err_pid718455.log)

> Hi @jatin-bhateja , could you please help to run and test whether the issue you met is fixed with the latest commit? I met other regressions and am working in progress to see what is going on. Thanks a lot!

Hi @XiaohongGong,

I floated a patch to merge latest changes from lword into lworld+vector since there have been changes in InlineTypeNode IR.
https://github.com/openjdk/valhalla/pull/847

With following patch most of the JTreg tests are passing. Load/Store tests are failing because EnablePrimitiveClass not getting set with --add-modules=jdk.incubator.vector.

[regression_fixes_post_merge.txt](https://github.com/openjdk/valhalla/files/11527140/regression_fixes_post_merge.txt)

You may integrate it along with your patch to validate and avoid duplications,  alternatively, I can post this as a stand alone patch once merge patch is integrated, I see couple of more issues and in process of fixing them.

Thanks!