Usage of stack pointers

Andrey Lomakin lomakin.andrey at gmail.com
Wed May 24 06:54:00 UTC 2023

Hi guys.

I don't know whether it is the correct mailing list to ask, but I will try
it.

If I got JEP correctly, value objects are inlined in case of usage of the
C2 compiler if they are passed as function arguments. It means that we will
have an overhead of copying data. So likely, this optimization will depend
on the size of the value object. But what about passing the stack pointer
with the ability to convert stack-based value objects into heap objects if
the passed references leak the called method?

Are such optimizations considered or possible?

--
Best regards,
Andrii Lomakin.