DataBuffer, ColorModels and SampleModels

Roman Kennke roman at kennke.org
Tue May 8 21:58:05 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I just downloaded the freshly released OpenJDK sourcecode (thanks alot
for that!).

I'm glancing around the code right now. It's appearing to me that in
java.awt.image there are a couple of pieces missing, that is the
DataBuffer, ColorModel and SampleModel classes and subclasses. I wonder
if that is already beeing worked on and (close to) ready to go in? I
haven't heard so far that this was one of the encumbered areas. If that
is not the case, I could offer to 1. try out the GNU Classpath versions
of these classes, a couple of which I implemented myself, and/or 2.
Reimplement them from scratch with the GNU Classpath versions in mind,
plus using the existing test suites. These classes are not overly
complex and could be a good starting point for me to get my hands dirty,
especially since I'm currently having my nose in those classes anyway as
part of my own project. What do you think?

Cheers, Roman

--
http://kennke.org/blog/