DataBuffer, ColorModels and SampleModels

Phil Race Phil.Race at Sun.COM
Wed May 9 14:37:31 UTC 2007

Tests fall into categories of
JCK/TCK - supposedly to be available  for openjdk  builds although I
haven't kept  up with the  intricacies of this
Regression tests - these are in the JDK under test but we are required
to vet them almost one by one to verify their provenance
and this is onerous. So most are not there yet.
SQE developed tests - no  idea what the plan is
Performance - J2Dbench2 may have some color tests but I don't remember
seeing any ... but they can be added
Demos :  Java2Demo. Not in openjdk yet but you can run the one from the
binary build

So  you should at least test the images and color tabs of the 2D demo
and see if J2DBench has
any tests that make it worth running.  Performance matters.

As for licensing as I understand it it has to come in to the openjdk
code base via a SCA
as we build the 'commercially' licensed  one from the same code base.

-phil.