[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [OGL] validatePipe and antialiasing

Chris Campbell Christopher.Campbell at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 25 17:20:22 UTC 2008

Hi Clemens,

The antialiased case is handled in super.validatePipe() (in the
SurfaceData base class), which in turn calls getMaskFill().  We
override getMaskFill() in OGLSurfaceData so that it calls
OGLPaints.isValid() to determine whether the given paint can be
accelerated in the antialiased case.  If the paint can't be
accelerated by OGL, we return null to indicate that validatePipe()
should use a more general/slower path for rendering the paint via
MaskBlit.  Does this help?

Chris