[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Font Metrics in OpenJDK vs Sun JDK

Phil Race Phil.Race at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 12 14:19:06 UTC 2008

The -1 for leading is probably a bug somewhere. Maybe you can look into it
The difference in advance may be due to the absence of byte code hinting
in the freetype found by OpenJDK.
Since you have Tahoma I have to assume you are running on windows and
built your own freetype,
rather than using the one on the O/S. If you build freetype with hinting
for testing purposes then
the difference may be much less.

-phil.