[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Thoughts about font implementation

Roman Kennke roman at kennke.org
Tue Oct 14 22:12:06 UTC 2008

Hi Igor,

> Minimal changes are always good idea.
> However, we usually do not add new methods unless we actually use them.
> Not sure what's the best approach in this case.

Maybe we should give you the FontManager work first (it's not finished
yet, I have to test and fix on Windows first - this is aweful and takes
a lot of time to get going...), then I could also implement some more
alternative code paths on top this fonts-from-bytebuffer patch, as
suggested.

/Roman

--
http://kennke.org/blog/