[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review Reqeust for Bug 100068 - SunGraphics2D exposes a reference to itself while non fully initialised

Mario Torre mario.torre at aicas.com
Tue Jul 21 17:11:04 UTC 2009

Il 15/07/2009 23:41, Jim Graham ha scritto:
> Numbers that small aren't statistically significant.  Our J2DBench
> benchmark calibrates each test to run a number of iterations that result
> in at least 2.5 seconds of run time. Try upping your loop iterations by
> a factor of 100 and you'll get numbers with better accuracy and
> precision...
>
> ...jim

Hi Jim,

I multiplied the small test numbers by 100 and this is the result:

Patched JDK:

warmed up run time in ms: 3226
total time in ms: 9586

Clean JDK:

warmed up run time in ms: 3039
total time in ms: 9172

I also run the more meaningful Java2DBench. I had no time to run an
extensive benchmark, and only limited to what I think it's the very bare
minimum:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~neugens/100068/comparision-100068-0.1/Summary_Report.html

So, looks like this approach has indeed an impact, although is well
within 10%.

Should I try the other approaches? I hardly see how a method call can be
faster than an instanceof, but maybe I miss something obvious.

If you want, I can try to setup a machine at work to run a full 72 hour
test, but this will take some time ( > 72*2 hours :).

Cheers,
Mario
--
Mario Torre, Software Developer, http://www.jroller.com/neugens/
aicas Allerton Interworks Computer Automated Systems GmbH

USt-Id: DE216375633, Handelsregister HRB 109481, AG Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Dr. James J. Hunt

Please, support open standards:
http://endsoftpatents.org/