[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review Reqeust for Bug 100068 - SunGraphics2D exposes a reference to itself while non fully initialised

Jim Graham Jim.A.Graham at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 16 19:08:30 UTC 2009

I should clarify that what I meant by "doesn't corrupt anything" is that
the world won't come to an end or the system crash.  It's protected
against harm from MT, but it doesn't support MT.

And another way of stating it is that we won't consider race condition
bugs when it is used in an MT fashion, but we would consider fixing bugs
that cause it to crash or that cause a G2D to latch onto a specific thread.

It's probably also a good place to let slip that a certain demo that was
mentioned previously in the thread has always been considered "poorly
written" and I wouldn't put it past it to be violating the threading
design goals we have.  But I would never come right out and say
something like that since it serves as a good "make sure even kooky
things continue to work" telltale...  [goes back to looking nonchalant]

			...jim