[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Integration of the xrender pipeline rewite

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:11:51 UTC 2009

Hello again,

I am sorry, but currently I can't spend a lot of time working on the
integration of the xrender pipeline.
I am well aware the code isn't production ready, and sometimes just
plain ugly ;)

There are some global changes, most touching glyph handling, because
the xrender glyph cache logic is written in plain java, and e.g. it
wasn't possible to get notifications of glyph disposal on pure java
code as far as I have seen.
It would be cool to get comments on that stuff first, the other things
could follow piece by piece later.
I did some changes in the OGL pipeline, but I don't have windows, so
D3D changes are missing, as well as the proprietary scaler
modifications.

The webrev is located at: http://93.83.133.214/glyph_changes_001.zip

The changes are in:
> StrikeCache.java
> fontscalerdefs.h
> freetypeScaler.c
> sunFont.c
> OGLTextRenderer.c
> GlyphDisposedListener.java

The only overhead I can see if the additional locking in freeXMemory,
the structure itself should remain at the same size (using otherwise
unused padding).

Any idea wether this requirement could be solved more elegant / efficient?

Thank you in advance, Clemens