[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Request to backport fix for 6708392 to openjdk6

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 07:01:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 18:01 -0700, Martin Buchholz wrote:
> Hi SunToolkit.setOverrideRedirect team,

Hi Martin,

> Google engineers have found that
> 6708392: Provide internal API to create OverrideRedirect windows, XToolkit
> is a showstopper bug,
> (for folks using NX on Windows or Mac)
> and that the fix in openjdk7 fixes it,
> when trivially backported to openjdk6.
>
> Many thanks to Brian Duff for the hard work of
> testing and debugging.
>
> I'd like to commit this fix to openjdk6.
>
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk6/SunToolkit.setOverrideRedirect/

This is a rewrite of a similar fix I made:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2008-May/000248.html
It fixes some issues with MetaCity and solves some TCK failures.

It has been in IcedTea for a long time.
http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icedtea6/file/tip/patches/icedtea-override-redirect-metacity.patch

The difference with the IcedTea patch rewrite is discussed here:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2008-August/000309.html

Cheers,

Mark