[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Request to backport fix for 6708392 to openjdk6

Andrew John Hughes gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Fri Sep 11 13:50:28 UTC 2009

2009/9/11 Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 18:01 -0700, Martin Buchholz wrote:
>> Hi SunToolkit.setOverrideRedirect team,
>
> Hi Martin,
>
>> Google engineers have found that
>> 6708392: Provide internal API to create OverrideRedirect windows, XToolkit
>> is a showstopper bug,
>> (for folks using NX on Windows or Mac)
>> and that the fix in openjdk7 fixes it,
>> when trivially backported to openjdk6.
>>
>> Many thanks to Brian Duff for the hard work of
>> testing and debugging.
>>
>> I'd like to commit this fix to openjdk6.
>>
>> Webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk6/SunToolkit.setOverrideRedirect/
>
> This is a rewrite of a similar fix I made:
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2008-May/000248.html
> It fixes some issues with MetaCity and solves some TCK failures.
>
> It has been in IcedTea for a long time.
> http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icedtea6/file/tip/patches/icedtea-override-redirect-metacity.patch
>
> The difference with the IcedTea patch rewrite is discussed here:
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2008-August/000309.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

We're also still carrying the patch in IcedTea7 despite it presumably
now being made redundant by this other patch.  I guess I missed the
discussion Mark referenced, presumably because I wasn't subscribed to
awt-dev back then.

Martin, thanks for bringing this up and please commit the patch to jdk6.
--
Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8