[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> Review Request for 6879044

Mandy Chung Mandy.Chung at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 25 15:41:56 UTC 2009

There is no change to the log messages emitted from awt/2d/swing.  The
only impact to the end users is if they enable logging by modifying the
system-wide logging.properties (see below); otherwise, the end users
will not notice any change due to this fix.

The following are the common ways to enable logging:
1)  set -Djava.util.logging.config.file=<your own logging.properties>
system properties in the command-line

This fix has no impact to the end user.   Typically for debugging
purpose, a user will have their custom logging.properties instead of
modify the system-wide logging.properties as they would impact all Java
apps.

2) Modify the system-wide logging.properties in the JRE local copy (
<JRE>/lib/logging.properties)

This fix has impact to the end user and they will need to add
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=<JRE>/lib/logging.properties option in
the command-line.

3) Have their own java.util.logging.config.class implementation

This fix has no impact to the end user.

Thanks
Mandy