[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Font rendering issue

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Tue May 18 22:06:56 UTC 2010

The thing that bothers me about this "fix" is that the value being
returned here is the raw computed value.  All of the values in this
routine are being returned in floating point "sub-pixel" maximum
accuracy.  I don't see why *this* code needs to round this value.  If
something that uses the data returned from this method needs an integer
then it should be up to that code to do whatever rounding is
appropriate, but rounding at the most primitive level to fix a bug at a
higher level is premature (IMHO)...

			...jim