[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] X11 uniform scaled wide lines and dashed lines; STROKE_CONTROL in Pisces

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Thu Sep 2 22:12:58 UTC 2010

On 9/2/2010 2:43 PM, Denis Lila wrote:
> Actually, I had a question about the test I wrote which takes 20 seconds. When
> I turned antialiasing on, the test dropped from 20 seconds to 2.5. This is very
> puzzling, since antialiasing is a generalization of non-antialiased rendering
> (a generalization where we pretend there are 64 times more pixels than there
> actually are). Of course, the paths followed after pisces for AA and non-AA are
> completely different, but whatever came after pisces in the non-AA case would
> have the same input as Renderer has in the AA case (input gotten from Stroker).
> Can you take a guess as to what was causing such a large difference?

Do we use Pisces for non-AA?  Pisces should clock in slower for AA than
non-AA, but I think we use one of the other pipes (not Ductus) for
non-AA and maybe it just isn't as good as Pisces?

I think Pisces was integrated only as a Ductus replacement which means
it was used only for AA, but check if I'm mistaken...

			...jim