[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Request for review: 7084245: Update usages of InternalError to use exception chaining

Kumar Srinivasan kumar.x.srinivasan at oracle.COM
Mon Aug 29 18:04:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, was on vacation...comment inlined.
> Hi, here is a webrev[1] for some cleanup that i want to integrated in
> tl-repositories.
>
> Alan Bateman had scanned the changes and gave me some good input[3]
> for further discussion here:
>
> The changes to java.util.concurrent should go through Doug Lea's
> upstream CVS. Alan told me that Chris Hegarty is on this topic
> already. The suggested changes for this is here[2].
>
> I have changed some classes in awt / sun.java2d maybe someone of the
> 2d-dev maillinglist can look at these changes.
> I also changed some classes in java/securtiy maybe someone of
> security-dev maillinglist can look at these changes.
>
> Let me know if there is a need to split/rebase the main-webrev[1] to
> review and/or push it individually.
>
> Mostly the patch changes exception-chains. But there are some places
> where the patch changes behavoir:
>
> - I removed some printstackTraces in
> sun.java2d.pipe.LoopPipe.getStrokesSpans and sun.misc.Launcher (Alan
> told me that kumar maybe want to have a look at it?).

The methods in question in sun.misc.Launcher are not called by the java
launcher,
I think these were added to facilitate the JavaWebstart Launcher javaws.
Nevertheless, the changes look good to me.

Thanks
Kumar