[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [8] Request for review: 8004859 Graphics.getClipBounds/getClip return difference nonequivalent bounds, depending from transform.

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Thu Dec 13 23:49:28 UTC 2012

14.12.2012 0:40, Jim Graham wrote:
> This fix breaks other behavior.
>
> You need to use setFrameFromDiagonal on the results of the transform
> because a flip or rotation can cause the transformed points to be
> unordered and setFFD will sort them as they need to be.  It is the
> incoming rectangle that needs to be checked for being empty, not the
> results of the transform.

Yes, you are right. After the fix we can skip correct userclip, if it
was flipped.
Looks like correct solution for this issue is to use setFFD, if incoming
rectangle is not empty but transformed rectangle is empty, and use
opposite operation if incoming rectangle is empty but transformed
rectangle is not empty. So IsEmpty property should not be changed in
transformShape() method, Right?

Thanks for review!

--
Best regards, Sergey.