[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] OpenJDK and lcms color management (soft-proofing)

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Jul 9 23:30:44 UTC 2012

What you are looking at and calling "a public interface" most certainly
is NOT.
Its deep (very deep) inside the JDK implementation in a place
applications are not
supposed to even know about and definitely cannot depend upon to even exist.

The only APIs at your disposal are those listed here :-
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/

I am not sure if you should read too much into the comment as being an
exhaustive list and in any case I think its only saying what would happen
if you did not explicitly request absolute colorimetric.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/awt/color/ICC_Profile.html#icAbsoluteColorimetric

I'd love to point you at some related tests but I can't locate anything.

-phil.