[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] JPEG native lib / enum / colour space long-standing bug?

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Fri May 11 08:02:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

In running my (JDK6-based) app unit test suite on JDK7 I ran across what looks to be an ugly latent color space bug between libjpeg and calls to it from Java which now results in an exception because of better argument validation at the interface between them. I suspect that the problem been there for years and seems to have been the reason that I had weird problems generating JPEGs from ARGB images for example. I even have a workround...

I'm not sure which the right mailing list would be to bring this up: is this it?

Rgds

Damon