[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Request for review: JDK-6870661 Setting a custom PrintService on a PrinterJob leads to a PrinterException

Patrick Reinhart patrick at reini.net
Sun Sep 15 09:43:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

I need a sponsor and reviewer for my fix at
http://reinharts.dyndns.org/6870661/webrev.02

Problem description:
When setting a custom implemented PrintService on a PrinterJob under
Windows, a exception is thrown.
If the custom implementation extends a StreamPrintService, everything
works fine.

Fix description:
I changed the behaviour for the windows specific part being used only
for instances of Win32PrintService.
So all non Win32PrintService print services will behave as non-native.

I also included a small regression test to prove my fix.

Thanks

Patrick