[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] request for review: 8040617: macosx : Large JTable cell results in a OutOfMemoryException

Andrew Brygin andrew.brygin at oracle.com
Fri Aug 22 14:34:30 UTC 2014

Hello,

  could you please review a fix for CR 8040617?

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bae/8040617/9/

  The problem happens when we are trying to create an accelerated copy
  for a buffered image with dimension exceeded GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE.
  An artificial OOME is thrown as an indicator of surface initialization
  failure.

  Suggested fix handles the exception in createManagedSurface() in
  the same manner as it is handled in CGLVolatileSurfaceManager: we
  return 'null' instead of accelerated surface data, that result of
  using original surface data instead of accelerated.

  Supplied regression test demonstrates the problem.

  Please take a look.

Thanks,
Andrew.