[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8064833 : [macosx] Native font lookup uses family+style, not full name/postscript name

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Tue Dec 23 21:30:35 UTC 2014

On 12/23/2014 11:10 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> Hi, Phil.
> Probably it is possible to move the new code in
> CFontManager.loadFonts() to the SunFontManager.loadFonts()?

No .. its completely mac-specific.

> Note that in the test the text "Big italic red text" should be
> ..."black text",

that was taken from the original bug.

> and the window should be disposed at the end of the test.

I can update the test before I push.

 > Why this test is mac specific?

Because the whole problem is mac-specific and you can't find the situation
with the fonts that cause this problem elsewhere. Its really iffy to
test at all ..
Note that I am using glyphcodes, which means you have to know exactly
what font you have.

-phil.