[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] JDK 9 RFR of JDK-8033624: Fix raw and unchecked lint warnings in sun.font

Joe Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Thu Feb 6 19:20:31 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 11:01 AM, Phil Race wrote:
> Joe,
>
> We will get an integration going soon, so you won't have to wait too
> long.
> Its more important to be consistent in that we get the client code in
> the client forest.
> We already had to deal with a merge problem due to changes to client
> code made in dev.
> So from now on if you have changes to client code, the client team's
> polite request is
> you make them in the client forest after appropriate review.

Well, if all the client library (2D, awt, swing) changes went the dev
forest directly, that would be another way to get  consistency ;-)

As many of the files I'm changing as part of the warnings cleanup have
been untouched for five, ten, or in sometimes fifteen years, I would
appreciate prompt reviews, especially when the changes are broken into
small, easy to review portions:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2014-February/006934.html

-Joe