[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> RFR: Even more gcc warnings (8035287)

Mikael Vidstedt mikael.vidstedt at oracle.com
Wed Feb 19 01:30:01 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-15 09:31, Phil Race wrote:
> Looks OK to me although I just realised there's no bug ID here

Bug created:

> FWIW I develop on WIndows, Mac & Linux and I've noticed widely divergent
> things that the compilers on these platforms warn about. Warning
> free on Linux might not mean warning free on Windows.
> Also, assuming you develop on Linux might want to check if any of
> these make
> the VS compiler less happy about anything.

Acknowledged - not all platforms/compilers complain about the same
thing(s). I tried my best to manually verify that no new warnings are
introduced by building on the usual suspect platforms and grep through
the warnings.

>> * src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_Font.c
>>
>> Comparisons with string literals is undefined behavior - keep track
>> of whether the string should be freed explicitly with a boolean instead.
> Gosh .. that code must be from 1996 or thereabouts.

I hope touching it doesn't mean I own it ;)

Anything else I should do/test?

Cheers,
Mikael