[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8044740: Convert all JDK versions used in @since tag to 1.n[.n] in jdk repo

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed Jun 4 05:16:39 UTC 2014

On 6/3/14 8:17 PM, Mike Duigou wrote:
> You will need to include awt-dev and security-dev since this patch touches those areas as well. Other impacted groups I missed?

awt-dev is not all. This patch touches 2D and Swing code also.
so awt-dev, 2d-dev & swing-dev.
Those need to be pushed to 9/client and reviewed there.
I wonder if @since on the implementation classes is even worth it or
whether there is a policy there. No one should be reading that part
of the doc. Did you just blindly change everything or did you consider
what is really API ? Its probably inconsistently applied too.
Maybe they should be @Override instead 0- where applicable - else removed.

> I would like to see this all go back in one changeset to dev repo though as it would be a lot cleaner that way.
>
> I am concerned a bit that if we retain standard names for non-jdk standards it may be sometimes confusing or lacking in context to see a raw version number. Consistency is trumps all, but I would prefer to see JDK#.#[.#] used to be unambiguous.

That is a high order bit.

If anything is to be touched, the result had better be what is wanted
long term.

-phil.