[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] Review Request: 8059942 Default implementation of DrawImage.renderImageXform() should be improved for d3d/ogl

Sergey Bylokhov sergey.bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Nov 14 01:45:17 UTC 2014

> That is probably a bug.  That should probably be just ">" since I
> don't
> see anywhere where we ever place anything in that last entry.

I will double check this.

> Exactly, this falls more under the realm of "we're creating a new API
> and even though it is only currently used by TransformHelper and we
> know how that works, we should consider that this API might get re-used in
> the future in other cases".

This is not a pure new API since it is not public and can be used by our pipe package only, I'll add warning about this in javadoc.
Moreover this code have a big impact(hundreds percents) on the performance of drawing, I consider we should return region from the TransformHelper directly in the future(or we should change format of edges array to the bands array format). I do not see that we do a lot of calculations at the native level in the TransformHelper.calculateEdges() so it should be possible, I think....