[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8059848 Test java/awt/GraphicsDevice/CloneConfigsTest.java causes JVM crash in OEL 7.0

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Fri Oct 10 16:20:03 UTC 2014

This looks like its a driver bug. We use a scratch surface of size 1x1
when iterating through testing all the gl capable visuals and some of
them get a SIGFPE: FPE_INTDIV when as we try to make the context
current.

Since setting the scratch surface to 4x4 makes the crash go away it
seems that some cases in the driver code must round 1 down to 0 and then
divide by it .. the workaround seems worth doing since its easy enough
and harmless.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8059848/