[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR 8144718: Pisces / Marlin Strokers may generate invalid curves with huge coordinates and round joins

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Fri Dec 4 23:00:16 UTC 2015

I'd make the test >= 0.5 since 0.5 generates a flat curve as well.

And it couldn't hurt to mention that we are worried about round off
error since someone coming along might wonder why we're worried that a
cos() is > 1:

// check round off errors producing cos(ext) > 1 and a NaN below
// cos(ext) == 1 implies colinear segments and an empty join anyway

		...jim