[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR 8144828: Marlin renderer causes unaligned write accesses

Laurent Bourgès bourges.laurent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:26:30 UTC 2015

Jim,

You are theoretical right !
However it needs a 2Gb row = px_bbox1 - px0 ! That's only possible if you
allocate an image with a single row (MAX_INT) and the shape covers that
full range !

Do you really want me to fix that impossible case ? using 3L (and -4L).

Laurent

Le 7 déc. 2015 22:15, "Jim Graham" <james.graham at oracle.com> a écrit :

> pos and needSize are longs.  px_bbox1 and px0 are positive ints with
px_bbox1 known to be greater than px0 so the subtraction should not be able
to overflow an int.  But, now that we are adding 3, is it possible for that
calculation to overflow?  Would it be better to protect against that by
using 3L (and -4L) even though these are theoretical issues? (The result of
that calculation gets cast to long before adding it to pos anyway.)