[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8145808: [PIT] test java/awt/Graphics2D/MTGraphicsAccessTest

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Thu Dec 24 01:22:39 UTC 2015

Looks good.

You're correct that volatile isn't enough to protect the case where 2
threads finish their work at exactly the same time.  They would need a
synchronized block around the decrements (the increments are executed in
the constructor by the main thread so they aren't contended, but it
couldn't hurt to have all of the counts be atomic)...

			...jim