[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Openjdk java2d rasterizer JEP for pisces (marlin) enhancements ?

Mario Torre neugens.limasoftware at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:50:23 UTC 2015

> On 15.02.2015 13:39, Laurent Bourgès wrote:
>>
>> Mario & andrews,
>>
>> Thanks for your prompt answers.
>>
>>  > I agree with Andrew, getting the JEP proposed is the minimum
>>  > requirement to get this work unstuck.
>>
>> Ok, so it is the way to go.
>>

> I don't think that filing JEPs for code that isn't part of an OpenJDK
> Project makes a lot of sense.
>
> The first step would be to find a suitable home for such code within an
> existing OpenJDK Project, or to form a new one. A potentially suitable home
> could be [0], for example, if (and only if) everyone involved agrees.
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic
>
> [0] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/graphics-rasterizer/

The code is part of an OpenJDK project, though, it's already the
existing Java rasterizer.

Of course I'm fine with giving it a formal home in the Graphics
Rasterizer project (where it naturally belongs), but let's also try to
be a bit more pragmatic, this code is in hold since more than one year
now, the JEP process can be started before giving a formal home, or at
least concurrently to that. It would be a shame if the process
overhead kills the project again.

Cheers,
Mario

--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: