[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> Review request for 8029339 Custom MultiResolution image support on HiDPI displays

Hendrik Schreiber hs at tagtraum.com
Thu Mar 26 16:15:59 UTC 2015

> On Mar 13, 2015, at 14:34, Alexander Scherbatiy <alexandr.scherbatiy at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>  Could you review the proposed API based on MultiresolutionImage interface:
>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alexsch/8029339/webrev.06/

Not that it counts much, but to me the proposed API looks good in that it provides us with multiple ways to create custom MultiResolutionImages ourselves. Either via BaseMultiResolutionImage or by implementing the public MultiResolutionImage interface directly.

-hendrik

<slight-rant>
Personally, it irks me a little that we have an MRI, an AbstractMRI, and a BaseMRI (that's how you know it's Java code...). Fewer classes would be nice, but I guess one can't have it all. At least I don't have a great suggestion how to make this easy for developers while at the same time honoring DRY.
</slight-rant>