[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9]: RFR JDK-8023213 [macosx] closed/java/awt/FontClass/NaNTransform.java fails on MacOS X 10.9

prasanta sadhukhan prasanta.sadhukhan at oracle.com
Fri Nov 6 07:49:11 UTC 2015

Hi Phil,

On 11/5/2015 4:54 AM, Philip Race wrote:
> This does not look right to me. Who knows what data is on the canvas ?
> it is not clear that it is 'blank'. It could have data from a previous
> glyph .. I am not
> sure how you know for sure. I can see that canvas is re-used. There is
> reference
> to a "global shared canvas".
> And the actual function you invoke is one of two : one for grey and
> one for lcd and
> looking at the grey one CGGI_CopyImageFromCanvasToAlphaInfo)
> it utilises info->width and info->height which can't be NaN because they
> are uint16 but I don't know if they are valid .. and is the "image" field
> allocated to be 0 length ?
info->width & height is coming out to be 0 in case of NaN transform
therefore "image" field will be of 0 length so "empty" glyph will be
copied when we copy the "glyph image" from canvas (no matter what is
there in canvas) to info->image via this code
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/client/jdk/file/298d3fe64572/src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/font/CGGlyphImages.m#l294

size_t destRow = y * destRowWidth;
size_t srcRow = y * srcRowWidth;
size_t x;
for (x = 0; x < destRowWidth; x++) {
UInt32 p = src[srcRow + x];
dest[destRow + x] = CGGI_ConvertBWPixelToByteGray(p);

where destRowWidth = destRow = info->width will be 0 so dest =
info->image will be of 0 length

Regards
Prasanta